Fulham welcome Sunderland to Craven Cottage for a Championship fixture this Friday evening.
For Fulham the dream lives on with regards to securing an automatic promotion place, behind Wolverhampton Wanderers, however with Cardiff beating Nottingham Forest last time out, I fear we’re destined, for the second-year running, for the play-offs.
Sunderland, on the other hand, have suffered consecutive relegations and will be playing in League One next season, a sad decline of a once great club.
Ahead of the game we are now able to bring you the names of those set to officiate:
• Referee – Peter Bankes
• Assistant Referee – Daniel Leach
• Assistant Referee – Geoffrey Russell
• Fourth Official – Stephen Martin
With regards to the referee, Peter Bankes, he has taken charge of 40 games this season and has issued 144 yellow cards and 8 red cards.
This season, Peter Bankes has taken charge of the following games involving Fulham Football Club:
• 29 September – Championship – Queens Park Rangers 1 Fulham 2 – yellow cards issued 6, red cards issued 0
• 24 February – Championship – Fulham 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 – yellow cards issued 3, red cards issued 0
• 3 April – Championship – Fulham 2 Leeds United 0 – yellow cards issued 5, red cards issued 0