Date: 21st March 2009 at 12:35pm
Written by:

After their thrashing by Liverpool last Saturday, are United there for the taking or will we be sucked in as cannon-fodder as they seek to get back on the rails?

Two trains of thought that will give us two different scenarios with regards to results.

It doesn`t take a genius to work out that we`ll need to be at our best and United a shade or two off colour for us to harvest all three points but isn`t that what makes football such a wonderful spectacle.

But, lest we forget United have ambitions to win the quintuple (what an awful word) and perhaps the pressure is mounting.

Simon Davies has had his say on events prior to the game remarking,

“It’s a big ask for United to win it all. When you get to this stage of the season players are going to tire a little bit.’

‘All we can hope is that they’ve had a little wobble and we can get a result against them, because the pressure is on.”

‘Hopefully they won’t be so free-flowing with their football. To lose like that against Liverpool means people will be looking at them.”

‘They don’t quite have to prove themselves again, but they’ve got to bounce back and that puts pressure on. They could be vulnerable.’

So come on lads, sniff out that vulnerability and go for their throats!


4 Replies to “Fulham – Davies on United Being Vulnerable?”

  • to be pessimistic, i think they’ll be a 95% chance that United will be completely up for it, and beat us, and a 5% chance they’ll be off colour and chuck away the points. but i still like those odds!! 😀

  • yeah i agree lets go for their throats,we got nothing to lose,every team has good and bad runs during the season,so mayb this is the best time to play them,the boys will have to play at their best cause they are the best team goin round and they will b breathing fire

  • whatever the result, i’d much rather was play good football and search for a win at home, than pack it in and defend for 90 minutes with 10 men and try to squeak out a draw. i think it’s a compliment to the manager and the style of play he demands, and it helps us against other teams. like when we don’t get into a long ball battle with bolton…

  • well done us…a fully deserved victory….good to see man utd get peeed off! 😀 we played well….fantastic result, and some bragging rights among friends!! :D:D

Comments are closed.